Confederation of Roofing Contractors
The Confederation of Roofing Contractors (CORC) was founded in 1985 and is one of the UK's leading roofing trade associations. Their members are considered to be some of the best roofing contractors in the UK and agree to follow the associations code of practice. When you see the CORC logo, you know you are employing a contractor that:
- Stands for integrity, reliability and customer protection.
- Has successfully passed CORC's strict vetting procedure for new members.
- Ensures all roofing materials and methods conform to the requirements laid out in the organisations' code of practice.
National Federation of Roofing Contractors (NFRC)
With a history spanning 120 years, the National Federation of Roofing Contractors (NFRC) is the largest roofing trade association in the UK. The organisation is recognised as having a high standard of membership, with new members rigorously vetted before acceptance and every three years thereafter. The NFRC has a strict code of practice which all members are required to sign up to, ensuring high standard a fair deal between contractors and their clients.
Norfolk Trusted Trader
Operated by Norfolk County Council Trading Standards in partnership with Referenceline, Norfolk Trusted Trader is a directory of service providers covering a range of trade sectors. The scheme was established to help elderly and vulnerable people avoid rogue tradespeople by removing the risks associated with picking contractors at random from newspapers, telephone directories and cold callers.
Owned and endorsed by the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (formerly the DTI), the Constructionline UK register is a list of pre-qualified construction services. As a member, RG Leverett has met all of the pre-qualification requirements appropriate for public and private sector procurement.
Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS)
The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS) is operated by government. It was developed with local government health and safety professionals and the Health and Safety Executive, and all members have demonstrated their compliance with, and sound management of, current health and safety legislation.
The CompetentRoofer scheme is an independent company run by the National Federation of Roofing Contractors (NFRC) under licence from the Department for Communities and Local Government. It was established with the intention of building trust in the roof refurbishment industry. Members of the scheme have demonstrated a high standard of workmanship and service by:
- Operating in compliance with building regulations.
- Being audited and inspected in advance of acceptance to the scheme and through regular inspections thereafter.
- Ensuring roof refurbishment works on properties of four storeys or less are covered by an insurance-backed guarantee up to the value of £50,000.
- Applying to be audited and inspected against the requirements set out in PAS 2030 and the Green Deal Code of Practice – allowing them to undertake Green Deal and Energy Company Obligation (ECO) work.
FairTrades is one of the largest multi-trade associations and has been promoting vetted trade professional members since 1983. Members are required to demonstrate the highest standards of customer service at all times, upholding the values of the FairTrades Homeowner's Charter.
TrustMark is a scheme supported by the Government, consumer groups and the building industry. Members awarded the Trustmark have:
- Had their technical skills, trading records and financial position checked by the scheme's operators.
- Signed up to a code of practice, including insurance, health and safety practices, and customer care.
- The quality of their work, trading practices and customer satisfaction regularly monitored.
- Ensured customers are informed of any relevant building regulations and provide certificates where necessary.
- A user-friendly complaints procedure to resolve any problems.