Skylights Vs Sun Tunnels – Which Is Best for My Property?
If you want to increase the natural light in your property, having a skylight or sun tunnel installed onto your roof is one of the easiest ways to do so. But what is the difference between them? And what are the different benefits of the two? Let’s take a look at the benefits of each and why you should consider having them installed onto your property.
Benefits of Skylights
A skylight is a window in a roof. They can be installed in pitched or flat roofs. Skylights are a great choice for your house for a variety of reasons:
- Energy efficient – Installing skylights on your home cuts down on the need for artificial lighting in your home. Using the sun’s light during the day, instead of artificial lighting will help you cut down your energy bills and save you money.
- Good ventilation – Skylights that can be opened are a good and easy way to keep your house well ventilated, providing you with a cooling effect and letting in fresh air throughout your house.
- Privacy – With more and more houses being built, privacy may become an issue for some people. Skylights are perfect for rooms that require maximum privacy and the light they provide can be vital.
- Modern design – Skylights come in a range of modern and sleek designs suited to a wide variety of different properties. Our roofers ensure that our skylights are fitted to the highest quality, with a specialist trim and membrane.
Benefits of Sun Tunnels
Sun tunnels improve the natural lighting in dark corners of your house by funnelling the sun’s rays. Here are their main benefits:
- Cost effective – Sun tunnels are one of the most cost-effective ways to bring natural light into your home.
- Environmentally friendly – Sun tunnels are environmentally friendly. The use of natural light eliminates the need to use electricity: saving money and the planet at the same time.
- Flexible lighting – Flexible models of sun tunnels can actually bend around obstructions in attics or lofts, meaning the sunlight from above can actually reach the naturally dim spots in your property.
When it comes to choosing between sun tunnels and skylights, the choice is very much up to you. Both are great at providing natural light to a property and they are both very modern looking. You usually can’t see through sun tunnels, but some forms of skylight are transparent, making them the perfect choice for more modern properties.
How We Can Help
Here at RG Leverett, we have been working on roofs for the past three decades. In this time, we have become experts working with a wide variety of materials on a wide range of different roofs. Our highly experienced team can install both sun tunnels and sky lights to your property. We also have a variety of different skylight products that we are experienced at installing – including flat roof skylights and roof windows.
Interested in getting skylights or sun tunnels installed on your house? Call us on 01603 418818 or email us on email@example.com.